I’m mostly a sandwich girl through and through but since I can’t have deli meats because I’m pregnant, that pretty much cuts out 90% of what I usually eat for lunch.  The other 10% may be leftovers or soup.  But since I discovered the deliciousness of creating your own salad dressings from scratch, salad is all that I could ever want. 

Caesar has earned the top spot of all salads for me.  I make this basic dressing and I literally lick my plate clean it’s that good.  I have a few Caesar dressings, but this one is the simplest and easiest to make.  I’ve been having this caesar dressing everyday now for lunch for at least the past few weeks.  I still crave a good ol’ fashioned sammie, but this one almost makes me forget that I can’t have ’em.

Basic Caesar Salad Dressing

makes enough for 2 servings (I go heavy on dressing…so you might be able to squeeze out more)

2 tbl. mayo
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
1 tbl. lemon juice
1 tsp. dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 – 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil

Mix all the ingredients up to the extra-virgin olive oil.  Then, drizzle in the oil while whisking the dressing to combine.  You can increase/decrease the ingredients depending on your taste.  Toss with greens and sprinkle a generous handful of parmesan cheese on top of the salad. 

Note:  The parm on top is a must.  Plus, the salad is great on it’s own, but sometimes I’ll serve with croutons.

 

Advertisements